Sunday, January 9, 2011

Yes. We ARE still alive despite our blogspot disappearance.
Recap:
June 2010 - The kiddies and I came home from summer sales while Doug went to Wyoming to finish out the summer. We never looked back but remained grateful to be in our home. It was rough to not see Doug except for an occasional weekend. Glad that summer is over!

September 2010 - The annual elk hunt in Colorado. The kids did great camping! We sure do have some little troopers. Emalyn even slept in her very own tent, all by herself. It was freezing at night but we all bundled up enough to not notice too much. The nursing during the middle of the night was definitely the hardest part but it was all so worth it. We loved being with family and "roughin' it"!
October 2010 - Doug and I finally had a prom night together. I know, how sweet. It is always nice to get out with just the hubby. APX did a formal night and it was fun to dress up and get out. We also took a little weekend excursion to Sundance. The weather was beautiful and the leaves were changing colors so it made hiking that much more spectacular. good times! Doug and I also recently went to Cabo for just a few days (3 days in Dec.). The trip was so last minute I didn't even have time to plan for any pictures. :) I did beat Doug at horseshoes though, went to the spa, and got an awesome tan.
More in October - Happy Halloween! Emalyn was Tinker Bell (along with half of the little girl population) and Liam was Tigger. They were so cute and adorable!
November & December 2010 - Happy, Happy Birthday to LIAM!! He turned the big ONE! We had his birthday at Kangaroo Zoo, which he slept through half of it. haha! He sure was excited to just get to the eating part. Poor kid that's really all he wanted for his birthday I think - cake.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!! We did a LOT of traveling in these two months. We took a couple weeks for Thanksgiving to drive to Arkansas and back up to Northern New Mexico to spend time with my family and with Doug's family. Several members of my family had yet to meet Liam and most of Doug's family had not seen us since last Christmas. We definitely needed the reunions. Doug went hunting while in Arkansas and got a beautiful coyote. And the kids had a blast playing with all their cousins over the holidays. Pa'pa gave Liam his first haircut on December 27th and became Emalyn's all-time favorite.

3 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

I can't imagine not being able to see my hubby except for on the weekends. Whew! Your hubby is lucky he has you. : ) The kids look so cute! Don't you hate how time flies? They grow up way too quickly.

Ashley_Cameron said...

All in all, looks like you guys had a great year! Cute pics of the family :)

Floyd and Judy said...

Love the pictures!