Monday, April 25, 2011


It's here again, already! The summer selling season has arrived.
I can't believe how quick the summer selling seems to arrive. I think every year that it approaches faster than the last year. Well, Doug is in Fort Collins as of today (4/25/11). He is selling in Wyoming but Fort Collins had enough housing for all the office. Thank goodness too!
Well I guess I have t
o roll back the clocks a little to catch up on our lives and spectaculars.

Emalyn and Liam are becoming greater friends ever day, and I love it. Emalyn is still a little bossy, but Liam is still a little bit of an antagonist. However, they are catching on to each others' ways and embracing them. ;) Liam likes to wear ball caps and mommy's shoes (he gave up on trying to walk in Em's princess shoes), and Emalyn likes to wear her ballerina skirt, her heels, and her purse. They both LOVE going outside. In fact, Liam cries his eyeballs out whenever someone leaves our house cause he doesn't get to go outside when the door opens (no offense to all those people who we told he must be crying cause you were leaving). He also still manages a way to fall on his melon-head at least every other day. Oh, but he is my cuddle bug! And I am working on channeling his energy for the greater good.
Emalyn is still quite the gymnast. She jumps, stretches, and climbs with those little legs so much a person would think they were made of rubber. And she is as cute as ever cause now we can understand more the sweet little things she is saying to us. She is also my big helper!


We have taken a couple vacations in the past cou
ple of months. One on March 3rd was just for a night at the Grand America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. The kids had a blast going swimming. Doug got a an hour massage. I got room service and a bubble bath. :)

Then, Doug and I took the kids to Las Vegas (3/28-30/11) and stayed at the Vdara in the new City Center. It was so nice. We went swimming a couple times, and Emalyn loved going up and down the stairs in the pool. Liam loved getting out and then jumping back in (into Doug's or my arms, although Liam would have jumped no matter what). We went to the aquarium at the Mandalay Bay, the Lion and Dolphin exhibits at the Mirage, and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. The Belagio had a beautiful butterfly art exhibit that we walked through several times. When we were walking through the Mirage hotel Pete Rose was sitting at a table signing autographs. Doug wasn't going to get one at first cause "he doesn't do stuff like that" but when we walked back through he couldn't not get a ball and autograph. The famous Pete Rose gave me a great compliment. He said, "If having kids gives you a figure like that, then you need to keep having them." Thanks Pete!

Finally, Doug and I t
ook a couple's retreat to Cancun, Mexico!! We went April 7-11, and L-O-V-E-D it. Another couple went with us and so it made it that much more fun. I felt like I was in seventh-heaven being waited on while sitting on the beach reading a book in the warm sunshine.
We went snorkeling and saw some really neat fish and coral formations. We all took much needed spa time and got massages as well. This trip was so nice to spend time with the hubby and get some time for me before the summer began! When's the next trip?!

That is the end of the trips for now, but we had some great partying this past weekend before Doug left. We celebrated both Doug's and Emalyn's birthdays early. Then we had a fantabulous Easter Day! The kids have definitely had there fill of cake, ice cream, chocolate candy, and jelly beans. And I think I have too, but it was worth it!
Happy Birthdays!
and Happy Easter!


No comments: